Witness Survey Follow-Up
1. Gather your whole team and sit down together at a table. TRAIN THE NEWCOMERS in each aspect of the tabulating. Start by reading through this page with them.
2. Look through your survey forms. Check to see that you have filled out everything and that every word is easily readable.
3. Separate the UNUSED survey forms from those that you used.
4. Count up the number of prospects you have.
5. CLEAR YOUR TABULATION AREA of any EXTRA FORMS & TRACTS. Place the Unused survey forms, tracts, Good News cards, etc. on the secretary's table in the piles designated for unused materials. If your group prefers, restock your clipboard so that it is ready for the next weekend.
6. Pick up these items: 1 Team Report Additional Prospect Forms, if needed
As many pieces of church stationary and envelopes as you have prospects.
7. Fill out the Team Report completely. Your horizontal and vertical "Totals" columns should add up to the same figure. This is your number of visits made.
8. Review that your Prospect Report(s) are complete and thorough, including first & last name, address, zip code, and all that you found out about the person.
9. STAPLE TOGETHER the following in this order: 1) Team Report 2) Map 3) Survey forms in order. Place them on the secretary's table.
10. Write VERY NEATLY (preferably in ink) a letter of encouragement to each prospect. A sample letter is to the right. Add a special Bible promise if you wish.
11. Address an envelope to each prospect and place letters in envelopes (DO NOT SEAL THEM). Place the letters and Prospect Reports on the secretary's table.
12. Your Team is Finished. Now look around to see if you can HELP SOMEONE ELSE WHO IS NOT FINISHED. Do NOT move on to any other activity until you first check with one of the adult leaders!
Example Ambassador Letter
Thank you for responding to our survey questions when we came by your home last Saturday. The neighborhood survey will help [name of church] to better understand the spiritual needs in the community and how God might use it serve its neighbors.
We know that we sin and deserve God’s punishment forever, but we can rejoice that God's Son, Jesus Christ, suffered the punishment we deserve when He died on the cross. Thank you for allowing us to share the Good News about Jesus Christ and how His resurrection assures us of eternal life (1 John 5:13).
While the Bible tells us in Romans 6:23, that "The wages of sin is death," the verse continues to say “But the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Jesus paid the full price for our sin and there is nothing we can do to earn it. Isn't it wonderful to know that we have forgiveness of sins and eternal life through Jesus!
Pastor ____, or someone from ________ Lutheran Church should contact you soon to share more about the Lutheran church, God’s Word, and forgiveness. In the meantime, please feel free to call the church about any of your spiritual needs or about programs offered.
Your friend in Jesus,